Upgrade to Azure AD App registration v2.0
Use this guide if you plan to upgrade the WPO365 login plugin from an older version i.e. v7.18 or older and you're still using Azure AD (App registration) V1.0.
In May 2019 Microsoft moved quickly and deprecated the App registration portal V1. It has since been replaced with Azure Active Directory Endpoint V2. Even though the older version is still supported by Microsoft and by the plugin, all newer features and the related documentation do not necessary support the older version and focus instead on the newer and improved version v2 instead.
Upgrade the App registration in Azure Active Directory
Based on feedback received, it appears that the upgrade of an existing App registration is confusing and not always successful. Therefore it's recommended to creating a new 'App registration' using the latest documentation instead:
Once you have created the new App registration you can test it using your 'old' plugin and simply update the plugin's current configuration in WordPress by changing the 'Application ID' and 'Application secret' and check 'Use Azure AD v2'.
Download and install the latest version
In May 2019 the plugin was updated and a license key has been introduced that replaced the download link. Ever since, those download links have become invalid and new download links only remain valid for 72 hours. To manually download the latest version you therefore must sign into the website https://www.wpo365.com/your-account/. In your account statement you'll find a link for each item to View its Details and Downloads from where you can always download your copy of the latest version of the download.
Now you go ahead as follows
- Navigate to WP Admin > All plugins.
- Scroll down to the WPO365 plugin in the list and click Deactivate and then Delete (your configuration will not be deleted).
- Then upload the latest version that you downloaded to your WordPress site by navigating to WP Admin > Plugins > Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin button at the top of the page and then Choose file.
- Select the plugin file you just downloaded to your computer. After you have selected the file, click Install now.
- The plugin will be uploaded and installed and you will see a success message. Finally click Activate plugin to finish the installation.
Finally test the upgraded plugin and please don't hesitate to get in touch in case you have any further questions.