Map between domains and WordPress roles
Use this guide if you want to configure mappings between the domain part of the Azure AD user principal name (UPN) on the one hand and WordPress roles on the other hand using the PREMIUM or INTRANET edition of the WordPress + Office 365 plugin.
Note A UPN consists of a UPN prefix (the user account name) and a UPN suffix (a DNS domain name). The prefix is joined with the suffix using the “@” symbol. For example, “firstname.lastname@example.org”. A UPN must be unique among all security principal objects within a directory forest.
Important When configured, this setting will override the Default role main site setting.
Before you start
- You must already have configured the single sign-on capability of the WordPress + Office 365 plugin.
- If you also plan to synchronize users from Azure AD to WordPress and you would like the mappings you are about to configure to be applied whenever you synchronize users, then you must also already have configured the integration capability of the plugin.
- You are an Administrator for your WordPress website.
Create a mapping
Perform the following steps to add a new mapping.
- Navigate to WP Admin > WPO365 > User registration.
- Scoll down to (Domain) Role mappings.
- Select the WordPress role that you intend to create a mapping for from the drop down list.
- Enter the domain string for which the mapping is valid.
You can find a list of all custom domain names in Azure Portal.
- Click "+" to add the mapping.
- Click Save configuration.